
I love water. Of all the drinks that ever came into existence, water is by far my favorite. I’ll admit that, since marrying my dear husband, the world of soda pop—my previously appointed “off-limits” zone, except on special occasions—has been reopened to me. He loves the stuff. And I find myself giving in to the now-in-easy-reach varieties more and more often.
Yet even more than pop, Mike loves milk. But he’s picky about his milk. If it is 1%, 2%, or whole, or has been opened for more than three days, it is considered vile. I was raised in a 1% drinking family, but Mike assured me that I would come to the skim-lovers side of things quickly. And in fact, now days I do find myself tapping into the milk-jug more than just to pour it on my cereal. I find my relationship with milk increasing. (Yet I still don’t mind 1%.)
In fact, Mike, an avid drinker all-around (nonalcoholic, of course), has introduced me to a plethora of liquids which fill me with pleasure. One of these- a Mexican brand called Zuko- comes in flavors likes lemon-lime, pineapple, and mango (my favorite, though hard to get your hands on).
But finally, I must admit, with all of this variety to choose from, I still come back to my precious water. I love it and doubt that it will ever be replaced.
Oh, how I love thee!
ReplyDeleteAnd yes, ye SHALL be converted to the Holiness That is Skim Milk. I even got Steve hooked (an avid 2%er is whole life.) 'Course, Brazil has severely cut down my milk addiction. I'm down to only two liters a day - the boxed stuff just ain't as good.