Saturday, November 29, 2008

Keep On Truckin'

It feels like life has been crazy busy! Here's why:
1. On the 17th, Mike and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary. Man does time fly! And honestly, he's the best husband ever. :) He got me the yoga mat and ball I've been wanting. Now I've got no excuses. Once our kiddo is here, I'm losing this extra poundage.
2. On the 24th I became an official adult. Wowee. Poor Mike had to come up with a second present for the week. But two tickets to see John Schmidt was perfect! MMM-hmm. Christmas music and my Babe. I am one happy girl.
3. We traveled to Utah for Thanksgiving this week where lots of stuff happened.
- I laughed at my fat ankles (which swelled from the car ride). Nasty.
- I cried for my doggy. My little cocker spaniel, Rustie, passed away last week. The wonderful family chose a burial spot up in the mountains. She has a gorgeous view! It's amazing how much a little animal can pull at my heart.
- We of course prepared and ate a whole lotta food.
- We got an entertainment center from my grandparents, oh joy of my soul. It was too big to fit in our car so we stole the parents' mini van for the week. We also got a crib for the wee one (when he comes). It's the same one my grandpa slept in so many years ago. With a little fixin' up it's gonna be perfect. Yay!
4. I caught the stomach bug that's been going around and puked for a day. It was lovely.
5. Next week is the week before finals. (Which means I should be doing homework).
6. Next week is also the marriage of my dear friend Rachel Judd and my dear brother Jeff. Crazy-go-nuts. I'm excited for them! (And another trip to Utah...)
So yup. That about wraps it up. We're really crossing our fingers that the baby comes when he's supposed to. And that the doctor will still let me travel, fat ankles and all. For now, I'm gonna postpone that homework a little more and put up the Christmas tree. AND I'm going to listen to Christmas music and not feel guilty about it. :)

8 comments:

  1. Love it, McKell - though I'm sorry about the flu bug and the swollen ankles. Do you have any Mom n Baby videos?

    CAN'T WAIT to see you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. McKell you MUST post more pictures of your pregnant self! I really want to see your cute belly! Hope all is well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU AT RACH & JEFF'S WEDDING THIS FRIDAY!!! love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Busy Life! Good luck! When are you due?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey I'm SO sad Ricky and I couldn't make it to Jeff's reception (my parents were deathly ill with the horrible cough illness that is going on and we were out of town). It would have been a blast to see you!!! Please post more pictures up so I can keep updated. I can't wait to see your cute little one! I swear I check your blog like everyday just waiting hehehe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found out that my family did go to the reception. I guess sickness couldn't stop them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. so i must admit that i blog-stalk you! hope you're pregnancy is going well. you're almost done! you'll have to post lots of pictures of the little guy!
    and i hope jeff's wedding was great.
    and did mike tell you he changed my oil right before thanksgiving?

    ReplyDelete
  8. CONGRATES GIRLIE!!!!! My mom called me last night and told me that wonderful news!!!! I can't wait to see pictures of him and meet him (of course through my blogstalking seeing as ya live in Idaho) Oh man I can't believe it!! My childhood best friend had a baby!!! This is crazy! I'm sooo super deduper happy for ya

    ReplyDelete