Saturday, July 4, 2009

Our Independence

Happy 4th!

I've just discovered I am no longer capable of sleeping in, even when my Kiddo and My Babe are. But could there be a better time to blog?

Last night we went to the lake in a neighboring city where they have a little fair. There was all sorts of things to do like free rock climbing, get a tattoo, watch improv comedy, jump on the balloon jumper thing, etc. We didn't do any of it though. I think we assumed we'd just swim in the lake, but unfortunately the rain made it pretty cold.

So instead we cooked some hot dogs and talked with some friends, which was thoroughly enjoyable.
Eventually it got dark and we eagerly waited for the fireworks to start. (This is us attempting a family picture with no light. Hmm.)
The Kiddo liked the glow sticks, but the fireworks not-so-much. He spent most of the time peeking out from my shoulder at the lights, but burying his head when the "boom" came. He was a real trooper in the cold though.
And with the after-event-traffic we didn't get home until way past everyone's bedtime. So I guess I'll let them sleep a little longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment