Thursday, August 6, 2009

What's up

We're out of school and time is plentiful. This is such a rare thing. I'm lovin it. I actually get to see my husband! And we actually get to play and feel like kids and stuff. So here's some of what we've been doing.

Last week I got to take the Kiddo swimming for the first time ever. My family has a little 3-foot pool in the backyard so that was a treat. (I shoulda got a picture but I didn't.) He didn't seem to totally love it, but he never cried about it either. Meh. I'll take it.

For our family night activity this week we made these paper turtles to decorate the Kiddo's wall. Cheap decorations rock. And I like turtles.


On Tuesday night we got to play frisbee golf at a nearby park with some friends. They also introduced us to a Viking Game called Kubb. We really liked it. In fact, My Babe just bought the wood to make us a set. (You should probably check it out.) Thanks Fowlers.

I also got crafty and finally decided to make a bumper pad for the crib (8 months later...) But after pricing fabric, and being my indecisive self about choosing fabric, I opted for the safer route of buying a pad and embellishing it. Saves time for about the same cost. So all I did was paint the circles on. But it was fun. And I like the look (thanks for the idea, Linz).


We've also been frequent visitors to the Library. I must admit that I was thoroughly disappointed the first time, as I went armed with a list of 15 book options and came away empty handed (our library is kinda dinky). But "holds" pay off and I am now reading:
Good book. Interesting, but good so far. I also fell in love with this one . . .

. . . even if the Kiddo is still kinda young for it. He likes the rhythm.

And that's about it, other than movies and puzzles, DI shopping, rainstorms and the occasional walk. Oh the sweetness.

3 comments:

  1. I read enders game when i was a kid and loved it!!! good job on the decorations you are so crafty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this post. I am so glad you're happy :) See ya soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jackson,
    Cute kid, what is his name? It looks like life is great. I am happy you have such a great little family.

    ReplyDelete