Let me first emphasize that this is not my house; we’re just living here for awhile. Thank Goodness!
Not that I’m not eternally grateful for the blessing that this house is, I mean seriously, the rent is way cheaper than the majority of places around here (from what I hear it’s even in the running with the subsidized housing). However, it’s just a bit QUIRKY.
- It’s carpeted. ALL of it. Bathroom and kitchen included. (Not to mention every room is a different color and texture). AND the kitchen cupboards have that nice lip that makes vacuum access impossible. So I have to SWEEP everything out BEFORE I can VACUUM. The Kiddo is only gonna get bigger and messier. We’re probably going to have to invest in some sizable drop cloths.
- The bathroom vanity is, well, like this:
Not that I’m not eternally grateful for the blessing that this house is, I mean seriously, the rent is way cheaper than the majority of places around here (from what I hear it’s even in the running with the subsidized housing). However, it’s just a bit QUIRKY.
- It’s carpeted. ALL of it. Bathroom and kitchen included. (Not to mention every room is a different color and texture). AND the kitchen cupboards have that nice lip that makes vacuum access impossible. So I have to SWEEP everything out BEFORE I can VACUUM. The Kiddo is only gonna get bigger and messier. We’re probably going to have to invest in some sizable drop cloths.
- The bathroom vanity is, well, like this:
- The kiddo is most likely going to learn to walk while we’re still here and I’m a little concerned about these:
- Mold. I hate it. We had to deal with it at our last place too. However, our landlord informed us that some people are just more MOIST than others. I'm not really sure what that means, but apparently you can tell cause mold grows when they're around. So we must be moist.
- Also, one of our cupboard doors fell off. As it turns out the cupboards are so old that the part that the landlord needs to fix it is no longer being made.
Ha. Despite it all, I guess we still love it. It is Home.
No comments:
Post a Comment